Assist the Wells Team’s drilling and completion operations by developing and stewarding the Wells Team Quality Plan, including quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) functions, throughout planning and execution of well construction activities. Includes oversight of quality for equipment and services provided by Drilling Service Companies and Rig Contractors.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement the Wells Team Quality Plan in accordance with the Drilling Quality Management System, including quality expectations for Drilling Service Contractors.
- Establish quality requirements jointly with Drilling Procurement and participate in bid analysis for compliance to quality expectation.
- Coordinate Wells Team reviews and comments during Technical and Quality Specification development and facilitate customization for use in Request for Quotes and Contracts.
- Assist Wells Team Engineers in determining and procuring Operational Critical Goods and Services and document their inspection.
- Develop critical pre-job inspection activities for service-related products and tools.
- Development of receiving inspection program and equipment Preventative Maintenance, Inspection and Test Program (PMITP).
- Oversee the development of local content manufacturing and repair capabilities.
- Steward quality management system and capability assessments of potential Service Contractors.
- Steward Service Contractor development and implementation of Services Quality Plans (SQPs).
- Coordinate equipment and service failure investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action identification and implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- S. Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from a recognized institution or at least 10 years of experience in a quality-related field with 5 years of experience in oilfield related work.
- Thorough knowledge of sound quality assurance practices. Abreast of best practices and latest technology in meeting minimum industry standards and specifications (such as API Standards, API Spec Q1, API Spec Q2, ISO 9001, ASNT, NACE, etc.) for manufacturing, inspecting, transporting, installing, maintaining and storing oilfield equipment.
- Knowledge of ASNT inspection practices.
- Knowledge of T.H. Hill DS-1 drill string inspections.
- Completion of ISO 9001 Lead Assessor Course.
- Experience and knowledge of oilfield Drilling and Completions Engineering or Operations.
- Experience with Rig Equipment and related operations.
- Good self-motivation and ability to influence others without authority (Drill Team, Quality Team, and Service Providers).
- Very good organizational skills (programs, priorities, sharing/balancing the load).
- Good business writing and computer software literate.