Assist the Drill Team’s drilling and completion operations by developing the Drill Team Quality Plan that includes coordinating quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) functions in the planning and implementation of well construction activities. Includes the oversight of the quality for equipment and services provided by Drilling Service Companies and the Rig Contractors including maintenance.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Assist Drill Team Engineers in determining and procuring Operational Critical Goods and Services and document their inspection.
• Steward quality management system and capability assessments of potential Service Contractors.
• Develop critical pre-job inspection activities for service-related products and tools.
• Steward Service Contractor development and implementation of Services Quality Plans (SQPs).
• Development of receiving inspection program and equipment Preventative Maintenance, Inspection and Test Program (PMITP).
• Oversee the development of local manufacturing and repair capabilities.
• Coordinate equipment and service failure investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action identification and implementation.
• Coordinate Drill Team reviews and comments during Technical and Quality Specification development and facilitate customization for use in Request for Quotes and Contracts.
• Establish quality requirements jointly with Drilling Procurement, and participate in bid analysis for compliance to quality expectation.
Qualifications and Experience
• B.S. Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from a recognized institution or at least 10 years of experience in a quality-related field with 5 years of experience in oilfield related work.
• Thorough knowledge of sound quality assurance practices. Abreast of best practices and latest technology in meeting minimum industry standards and specifications (such as API Standards, API Spec Q1, API Spec Q2, ISO 9001, ASNT, NACE, etc.) for manufacturing, inspecting, transporting, installing, maintaining and storing oilfield equipment.
• Knowledge of ASNT inspection practices.
• Knowledge of T.H. Hill DS-1 drill string inspections.
• Completion of ISO 9001 Lead Assessor Course.
• Experience and knowledge of oilfield Drilling and Completions Engineering or Operations.
• Experience with Rig Equipment and related operations.
• Very good self-motivation and skills to motivate others (Drill Team, Quality Team, and Service Providers).
• Very good organizational skills (programs, priorities, sharing/balancing the load).
• Good business writing, computer literate, Microsoft skills.
28/28 Rotation Schedule
Estimated start date is mid-September 2019