As a QA Lead Auditor for PPI Quality & Engineering, you will be the primary interface with the client before and during the process of all auditing activities. You will be responsible for auditing client company’s quality systems, documentation and operations to determine compliance with established standards and writing comprehensive audit reports and perform follow-up audits, as needed.
This is an ad-hoc/contractor role working in/around Houston, Texas.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Proficiently implement process assessments, quality assurance principles, and quality auditing methods
- Take ownership and work independently to perform quality assurance audits, including both assessment and deep-dive management system audits
- Deliver high-quality audit reports and corrective action requests
- Apply established audit methodologies to ensure compliance with international and national standards
- Assess processes and procedures, work instructions, and manuals associated with a Quality Management System
- Demonstrate familiarity with best practices in the oil and gas product and service industry
- Assess conformance with, and effectiveness of, operating practices for satisfaction of the requirements contained in purchase orders, drawings, specifications, operating procedures, and other Management System documents
- Evaluate overall level of performance in major functional areas, identifying strengths and concerns related to processes/procedures internally, to client, and to client’s supplier organizations
- Perform follow-up activities to verify the completion and effectiveness of corrective actions
- Maintain appropriate records of audit activity and findings
- Foster and maintain productive team-oriented relationships through individual and group meetings when necessary
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment
- Take actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified
- Comply with PPI policies, procedures, and management standards, and ensure adherence with all laws and regulations that apply to the area of responsibility
- Perform other duties as required
- Knowledge of manufacturing and/or service process in the oil and gas industry
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), Exemplar Global Auditor, or other Certified Lead Auditor or equivalent recommended
- Knowledge of ISO, API Q1, API Q2 etc.
- Minimum 5 years of active auditing work experience required
- Willing to travel
- Experience with one or more of the following: NDT, Welding, Heat Treat, Coating, Premium Threads, or other Special Processes